Sunday, December 18, 2011

Advent word...

I got this passage in one of my advent readings this week. It actually wasn't a new passage to me, but it seemed as if, at the right time, God pulled it out of the recesses of my addled mind, dusted it off, and said- Now OWN it!
It turned out to be a Word for a small group at my house as well, as the message was in line with this- and so I was able to pass it on. If nothing in it touches you, I hope you can be encouraged by the fact that there is nothing you go through that God doesn't have a Word of life in it for you. He has a specific word for your specific situation.
That's why He came. That's why He died. And that's why He rose.
NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF JESUS!
Isaiah 61:4-10
" Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed.
Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame;
For you will forget the shame of your youth;
And will not remember the reproach of
your widowhood anymore;
For your Maker is your Husband,
The Lord of hosts is His name;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;
He is called the God of the whole earth.
For the Lord has called you
Like a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit,
Like a youthful wife when you were refused,"
Says your God.
"For a mere moment I have forsaken you,
But with great mercies I will gather you.
With a little wrath I hid My face from you
for a moment;
But with everlasting kindness I will
have mercy on you."
Says the Lord, your Redeemer.
"For this is like the waters of Noah to Me;
For as I have sworn
That the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth,
So have I sworn
That I will not be angry with you, nor rebuke you.
For the mountains shall depart
And the hills be removed,
But My kindness shall not depart
From you,
Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed."
Says the Lord, who has mercy on you.

No comments: