Saturday, November 12, 2011

Of Minor Issues...?

"Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."
I believe it was Mark Twain.
To Mark I say, "I hear you barking, Big Dog!"
Don't know why, but I've resurrected the latter phrase from the recesses of my addled memory.
Why do I say this? Everyone is making a big deal out of the fact that my blood pressure is high, that I got vertigo, threw up the school, and had to go to the emergency.
YEA, because there was no doctor on call on a Monday morning at 9, nor would there be any until 11:00!!! And there is no Urgent Care available on my insurance until after 6 P.M.
So poor Holy Cross is not only taking everyone, with or without insurance, but also being used as an Urgent Care for much of the Valley. I could go on about how other hospitals here have closed their emergency rooms and the unfair politics, and why you should support your local Catholic, other Hospitals, but I will spare those of you who haven't already hung up.
It's my blog and I'll vent if I want to. vent if I want to, vent if I want to, you would vent to if it happened to you!" (any of you who didn't get it- the tune is from song in 60's- "It's my party..")
Anyway I got to know a couple of very nice people in "emergency" and even saw the dad and brother of an old childhood friend.
I remind me of my Mom now, when I'd worry about her wheezing and shortness of breath.
She's sluff it off, saying, "It's only breathing."
IT'S ONLY MY HEART!!!
WHOA, better calm down, don't want the old ticker to get whacked out.
For those of you who are Everybody Loves Raymond fans, I'm switching Doctors, just so you know.

1 comment:

sarah said...

You seem lively for a corpse! Glad that you're doing better!