Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bill Cosby

The first album I ever bought was Bill Cosby's.
First favorite quote, "Noah.... ( After Noah got mad and went into a complaint to God,)
" How long can you tread water?"
Tonight I saw a tribute to this great comedian. Heard another good one by Bill Cosby.
"Don't play the moment, find the honesty in the moment; that's where the humor is."
For example, when George Washington said, "Father, I cannot tell a lie, I cut down the cherry tree." Bill says, "They never give that Father credit, he let that boy live! "
And then, "Of course you cannot tell a lie, the tree's cut down, and you're the only kid!"
Honesty in the moment!
I think my brother Lem does this well. So does my cousin, John Butler.
I also think this can be a work of grace- the ability to lighten things up.
We need these people, just so we can keep treading water.

No comments: