Thursday, May 13, 2010

Giving thanks and Selah's birthday!

Enough woes on my blog dedicated (loosely) to giving thanks! There is always a reason to give thanks. Right now I sit in my S. Cal living room with the front door and window open at almost 8 PM and it feels so good. A light breeze and a lovely serenade by the birds next door. The guy sort of has an aviary going on. I love it!
Yes, I have to do some more work tonight. I can't seem to get caught up on it this year. But
I have a job! No, really, in this day, that's big! A home.
But the biggest thing tonight is the birthday of my beautiful granddaughter . Selah!
Selah is such an exuberant, creative, thoughtful, and PASSIONATE child!
How that looks at 2 is all over the place. And invigorating. I just love to hear her talk. On Mother's day, one of her imaginary friends had gone to school. The other one didn't because she needed a break, as she'd already gone 3 times that day. Their names elude me now, but are very creative.
And I'm happy to know that one of her goldfish is still named "Ha-ha!"
Selah! She loves her mommy's hair! She loves to go outside. She loves life!
And I love her!
I am so grateful that I got to be with her and the rest of the family this weekend.

2 comments:

sharon said...

Us too!

And their names are cooga and caaga.

Annie said...

That's right- Cooga and Caaga! How could I forget. They've been around for quite a while now!