Sunday, December 13, 2009

Joy

Reason # 3 of why I love Christmas:
The joy you can bring to others by bringing cookies, giving food and a prayer to the needy at the Church food bank, giving a call, singing, even just saying, "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hanukkah!"
I did the best thing I could, and it got me out of a bad holiday funk. I went with my group to the convalescent home and sang carols. Sweet old women were crying and laughing over hearing those tunes. Many joined in. We gave them each a pair of rolled up socks tied in a bow with a little card attached.
When I went I was stressed, when I was done, I was humbled. And blessed. And I got back in touch with the true meaning of Christmas.
JOY TO THE WORLD, THE LORD HAS COME- LET EARTH RECEIVE HER KING!

2 comments:

MomZup said...

I love this post Annie. I love you, Annie! It is such a good reminder and so happy you went on this outing. Speaking of prayers prayed, I am remembering the prayer you prayed for Obadiah as we were heading down the mountain. God is answering prayers on his behalf and he is beginning to use words. He is repeating words now and has a few sentences. Delayed still but making progress. Thank you for being a prayer warrior. Christmas blessings. Love, Janie

Annie said...

Thanks, Janie!
I am so encouraged by that. I will renew my prayers for him. I need these reminders.
I love you, too. I am so grateful that Sarah has such an awesome other "Mom!'
And all of your family!
Christmas blessings to all of your Tate clan!
Love,
Annie