Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Double Bumped

Well, I was teaching 4th grade, but then we didn't get enough kids to justify the 5 4th grade classrooms. So I was chosen, the excuse was that I have the least seniority of them all, to go to Kindergarten. At which point my work and home computers both died. And I began moving all my stuff and entering a tiny and very undisciplined world where normal 1 minute activities take 15 and simple directions often need to be mimed. And I got the classroom which has the bathroom for the other Kinders to come through all day long. Did I mention that many of them don't speak English?
So project training began. I had great help- for which I am very grateful. But I have been exhausted and bummed.
So, after all of that, we found out that we can bring back the Kinder's original teacher- who has been a "Floater" and in and out of my room testing. She is sweet, patient, and bi-lingual. The title is actually wrong- I didn't get double bumped, I volunteered to take the re-opened 1st grade and give Mrs. "Mary-Poppins" Falcon her class back. While I have to move again, I will be getting a much better class, without a public bathroom, and children who are already, in part, trained.
I also have been told that they are a really good group and I will be working with an awesome 1st grade teacher-team.
It feels like Joseph, finally getting out of prison-and entering into a place of leadership and blessing. I hope my feelings are right.
This morning I read, "Don't grow weary in doing what is good." I needed that- it's getting tiring. But, one day I hope to get this message right: I CANT COMPLAIN!
I have a job, a great school, beautiful grand babies with great parents, and so much more!

2 comments:

lisa d said...

what a roller coaster! i hope that you're settling in okay =)

Annie said...

Thanks. Lisa. I just finished the push to get the room set up- D-day with new kids is tomorrow.