Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I was going to post more...or the woes of E-Harmony.

First of all, I guess I don't have much pride- announcing to the whole cyberspace world that I have tried E-Harmony- again!

I would like to rename it- How to get rejected twice a day for 2 months in 5-7 different ways.
They have had these pre-programmed responses as to why a "match" would close on you.

My favorite reject is from guys who have never even communicated with me, but to say ,"the chemistry isn't there." WHATEVER! Does that mean my pictures turn them off? How do you know if there's chemistry if you've never met?
Then there's, " you live too far away." This is bogus because we put in the range of distance we are interested in when we set up our profile info.
Or, how 'bout, "I am now seeing someone else." Could actually be valid....
Or, I have to paraphrase here, but the one that says something to the effect that, 'based on your profile, I'm not interested." Okay, can't argue there.

Then there's the nebulous "Other." That's it. Just, "other."

I think the one I respect the most, and am even complimented by at times, is ,"Our difference in values are too great." This is because I really put my faith out on my profile, and the importance of putting Jesus first.

You have to be very thick skinned to handle those places.
Why am I posting this? Because, a major reason I haven't been posting is the monster called E-Harmony. Maybe I could call it Out- of-Balance -omony. or Dis-harmony. How bout Reject- armony.
(Is this reminding anyone in the family of St. Gray Squirrel???)
So to end this, I am posting some of the pictures that I put on that other place, which I will now call, "Site-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named-Omony."
And I will remind myself and the world of THIS truth: "Seek you first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." ( forgot address, but Jesus said it!)
I labeled this one: Me from the back. Clever, eh? And I wonder why no ones interested!




6 comments:

Chris said...

Its too bad they don't allow personal recommendations. We could fill your profile with pages about what an awesome lady you are!

If it's any comfort, I suspect that more people than are admitting it are scared by how up front you are about your faith but they're embarrassed to admit it so they select other reasons.

I love all the pictures. Especially the one from the back. I can totally see you cracking yourself up as you took that picture.

Annie said...

Chris, you have made my day!
First of all, somebody is still actually reading my much neglected blog.
And the encouragement- it really does make me feel better.
Plus, you nailed me on my back photo- I don't care how bad of an idea it might be- it's my favorite!

sharon said...

You're a funny lady. I like the site that cannot be named armony.

I love you!!!!!!!

Annie said...

Thanks Buddy,
I love you, too. Actually, I rethought it to "E-which-cannot-be-named-omony

Chris said...

How about E-Harm-you-n-me

Annie said...

I can get attitude with that one- Are you e- Harmon to me????
Don't go there- or I'll have to E- Harm you! It's 'n me!
Cha!!!