Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Gift of Giving

I sort of messed up on my list of "Reasons I love Christmas", because I keep going back to the the Carols.
We'll call this reason # 5
Finding just the right gift for just the right person!
For those you love, AND for those who are so needy that the love of Christ compels you.
I have a little girl in my class who is currently suffering with a brain tumor. A poor family, Spanish speaking, hard working, full of faith and struggling with the constant visits to Children's Hospital. (without a car)

Sweet, respectful, and eager to smile, Jasmine has touched many hearts.
Please send up a prayer for her. I told the mother I'd be praying and she cried and thanked me.
I told another teacher about her, and her son, (I think about 12 years old,) went out and bought some Christmas gifts for her!
That's another reason I love Christmas!

No comments: