Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And then comes the rain

It's been a long, dry season of trying to remember enough to get through.
But today was a breakthrough.
It started Sunday. It really started when I prayed. Funny thing, eh..
It got jump started, after my battery died, about a week ago when I had some people over to my house for dinner, songs, fun, sharing out of the Bible, and prayer.
I got prayer for my memory, for my need to function.
And then tried to believe until I forgot that we'd even prayed about it.
But I've been noticing that I'm remembering where I left things better. And I'm getting my moving organized. And most of my end of the year paperwork is done, and the year didn't end yet! THAT'S A FIRST!
But today, suddenly, I'm getting stories of answers to prayer, and requests for prayer- at work- at my public school.
One teacher,"Hey Anita, do you have a prayer list at your church? Will you put my friend on it?"
Then, "Hey Anita, remember my ankle you prayed for? It's better- it was supposed to take 2 weeks."
Another co-worker, in the same room chimes in with, "Yeah, Anita, my mother in law isn't sick any more- she got better after you prayed." One even said I was a miracle worker.
I quickly explained that the Miracle Worker is God.
And then confessed, in the form of another testimony, what my prayers can look like. I told about the neighbor whose truck I offered to jump. He told me, no- it was a worse problem than that. And so I said that then I'd pray for it. My prayer stumbled out somehting like this. "God I just told this neighbor I hardly know that I would pray for his truck to start, so could you please do something, cause I feel like a bit of a fool, etc."
And the guy, Eric, came over a couple days later and told another neighbor and I how it just started right up when he came back out.
And so, I let them know, it's really not me, it's God doing these things!

No comments: