Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's a great year!I am so thankful for all of my many blessings.
I'm off and home this week. A rare feat for me. So I feel the immensity of all I have, having enough rest and less stress so as to appreciate it all.
I don't know why I'm posting this, think it's avoidance because of the many loose-end chores I have to do around the house. I stained the molding for the new kitchen cabinet I bought in the summer, but it's not an exact match. Got a couple phone calls made, somethings mailed,blah, blah...
But I still have this overall good feeling that things are good. That the winter season is past. And that the time for rejoicing is here.
It does help that the passage out of the Bible that resonated in my spirit when I was reading and asking God about His direction for the new year was from Psalms, the 37th one. Verses: 3-4
"Trust in the Lord and do good:
Dwell in the land and feed on His faithfulness,
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."

And again, verse 7
" Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way....
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret, it only causes harm."

I love that last part- Don't fret, it only causes harm. High blood pressure, anxiety, bad attitudes, fear,etc. Isn't God wise???
And isn't He Good? And faithful? The one who will stay the same when everything else falls apart. The one who can get us through everything else. And the One from whom comes every good and perfect gift?

No comments: