Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, All!
I am very grateful to have gotten through an amazingly busy season in my life, and feel like I can finally take a breather.
I don't know why I feel like that seeing that my schedule hasn't let up in the next couple of weeks. Yes, I do know. I went to a Cleansing Streams Retreat weekend and had God lift off several heavy burdens. I got clarity as to where I'm at a little more, and a sense of relief. It was in partnership with him, through a process of repenting, (from a range of issues, rejection,anger, resentment, etc.) and renouncing, to breaking, and then onto letting God fill me with the antidote. For example, the antidote for fear is love. It seems to be the antidote for hate as well. And patience. Hmmm, something to think about..... Love is the fulfillment of the law.
I found that I'd been rejecting myself- and finally realized that I can never be the gentle, soft-spoken, patient person that my mom is. I can, by the grace of God, become more gentle and patient. But I'm just not my mom. And that's okay.
The other exciting news is that I finally bought a memory card reader for my camera, as I'd lost the cord in moving!
So pictures are coming!!!!
I'm off again in a couple of days for my first out-of-state holiday. I'll go up with Sarah and Josh and kids and we'll descend on Justin and Rosie's little apt. for a delicious, baby-filled Turkey time!
Happy Thanksgiving, all!

No comments: