Thursday, June 26, 2014

"You just tal-a- all-a--lk- you talk too much."

HI Faithful Readers! - I shout to the empty room.  And deservedly so, as I've been silent for so long.
Feeling a need to start up again, this verse in Ecclesiates is sticking in me-maybe poking at me because I can be so guilty of too much talk.  

         "The more the words, the less the meaning, land how does that profit anyone?"

It actually damages- as I see by bored, glossed over 6 year olds in my class.  I see it  as I listen to someone who just goes on and on and begin to resist the very thing I may have agreed with in the beginning of the conversation. It makes what we say of much less value.

People listen better to people who talk less.

I really don't want to say too much about this- for obvious reasons- but I found this comment on a site and liked it:

"Eccl 6:11 is one of my favorite passages. Not because I am an expert on its meaning in the context, but because it eschews verbosity.
In this case, however - in the vanity book - It is saying that long winded expertise merely confuses and does not clarify. Long winded people are vain and like to hear their own words. There is little value in them. 



No comments: