Sunday, April 21, 2013

Broken Frame

Awhile ago, a picture frame fell off the wall and the glass cover shattered.  I thought I cleaned it all up. But then today I found another small piece.
When I had my impacted wisdom teeth removed in my 20's it turned out that they had shattered under my  gums.  The result of that was that for several years after I would have little fragments of the tooth work their ways to the surface, finally cutting through the gum and out.
I'm  tired of having to pick up the shattered remnants of brokenness.  Thinking I was done cleaning up that mess, only to find more work to do. But thank God I could take care of it- so that no one else gets hurt b.
Because of my clumsiness, I learned some years back to praise God ( much better than cussing) when I dropped or spilled something, and look at it as an opportunity to get my floor cleaner, while getting rid of a little more excess stuff.
Thank God that His love never fails and He is always working to clean up our messes. Thank God that  in our brokenness He works more of His goodness, if we can praise Him in the midst of it.  And we end up better than before.  

No comments: