Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Was Here.

      I'm doing something I rarely do.  I'm writing without knowing really what I'm going to say.  The last post burned on my heart and was written and re-written several times.  Some posts are inspirational thoughts that are born out of my times with God.  And others are things I've thought about, observed, appreciated.
       And then there's the ones that make me laugh and I just want to share the joke.
      Tonight I had a great time feeding a bunch of people. I love that.  The more people that came in, the happier I got.  I am so blessed to have amazing friends who give of their lives to let others know how much God loves them.  People who love to see others set free by the truths of the Good News of Christ's Words life.  And amazing, beautiful young ladies  and men, who come to sing and play instruments, leading us all in worship to this God of Love.
       I had one of my girls and family here for Thanksgiving. Sarah and Josh and the 4 kids. It was very fun and we cooked a lot.  I love them all so much.  I love my son-in-law for speaking some tough truth to me in a very kind way.   I am truly thankful for him.
       I'm grateful I have Umpie, my  Dad, here another year and that I got to help in making his special stuffing- the best ever in my book!
       And I'm grateful that I'll get to see my other daughter and kids for Christmas, even if it feels too far away.
       But it's a bittersweet joy I have.  I miss some.  Some on the other side now.  I have had a saying of late, it's really sort of a tongue-in-cheek type of thing. I will now quote myself for you, "The older I get the younger everybody around me is."   Yeah, no, really!~)
       You can see why I have to quote myself. Who else would, eh?
       But the other reality is that the older we get, the more loved ones we lose.
       So how do I give thanks in the midst of this pang of pain.  I can because of Him who died and rose, and  who IS the resurrection and the life.  Because I know that  whoever believes in Him will have everlasting life.  Because of the cross- buying for us a gift of forgiveness which  plunges us into a river of that Love- that never ending, always believing, ever flowing no-holds-barred Love.
      Because of Christ in me- the Hope of Glory I can be thankful, even in the midst of it.
     I love you, Lord!
                       

No comments: