Sunday, April 15, 2012

Deep calls to Deep

I want to fall in love with You. I need God. Desperation is the seed of my faith. I feel like I did so little today, so much mismanaged time, so many intentions and no follow through.
I find in me dwells no good thing, but Christ in me, then I can sing.
I want to fall in love with you. You who make all things beautiful in their time.
I want to fall in love with You.
I want to know You more. I want to hear Your voice. I want to move in rhythm with your tempo.
I want Your heartbeat to drum in me. To keep step with You.
I miss my kids. I miss my grand kids.
They are my joy and delight.
Sometimes the quietness brings a serene peace and Your presence is blowing over me like a gentle breeze.
Sometimes the low call of the train as it runs through town soothes me, and delights my heart.
But other times, in the silence, my heart cries like a train's howl, echoing through nothing and not returning.
And so I cry, I need You, I want You, I love Your presence. Don't leave me, Lord, as I cannot do this without you!
And desperation is the seed I sow.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Love this Annie - it reads like a Psalm.

Won't it be sweet to be with Jesus and the whole church in heaven? Never again lonely!

Annie said...

Chris!
Good to hear from you! Thanks for that. I almost went back and deleted it cause I felt like I'd just blurted out my feelings a bit impulsively on this one and that it was just a "blog-barf," of emotions.
But I guess David sometimes does that, too.