Friday, April 06, 2007

A Holy Exchange

It (the service) started with my favorite cross song- the song which says so much. and it ended, for me with the holy exchange of which it speaks.
The words say it all (is that a play on words?!)
"I know a place, a wonderful place; where accused and condemned find mercy and grace.
Where the wrongs we have done, and the wrongs done to us; are nailed there with Him, there at the cross.
At the cross, at the cross; He died for our sins.
At the cross, at the cross; He gave us life again."
A holy exchange-if I wait, when I wait long enough at the cross: my sins for His forgiveness. My pain for His healing touch. My confusion for His peace. My grief for His comfort.
And, my death for His resurrection.
IN the end, when I wait and finish the Holy exchange, I walk away lighter, more fulfilled, and more in love with such a wonderful God- who would do such a thing as this for me.
For who else would, or could, bear my sorrows, carry my pain, forgive my sins- pay such a high price to redeem the ones He loves- Who else would die such a horrible death for me?
I KNOW a place- a wonderful place....

2 comments:

sharon said...

Amen!

He is risen!

lisa d said...

He is risen indeed!

wonderful.