Friday, September 08, 2006

Ode to new sons, or, pray specifics,it works

So much has happened since I last figured out how to post- I'm riding on the crest of new beginnings all around me.
New roomies, and I am soooo blessed by them. My daughter and her new husband, and yes, the new baby growing in Rosie's womb. The thought of it just brings me so much joy!!
It is such a blessing to have such fine people be the parents of your grandchildren. It is overwhelmingly GOOD! I have prayed for 27 years and God has come through.
For both of my daughters, not only God's blessing and protection, but then I prayed for Godly men who would respect them and love them. I also prayed for men that would have loving, Christian parents, role models to them of the Father's love. And men who would support my daughters in their being and doing all that God has called them to do, who would be partners with them in serving the Lord. (And visa- versa.)
To get 2 such son-in-laws, well, I just made winning the lottery look like chicken feed!
And the offshoot of that kind of answered prayer is this overriding sense of men who are and will be such great Daddys, to boot!
I thank God for Justin, who I am so enjoying and is such a great help and such a positive influence. And I thank God for Josh, my good and faithful first Son (in-law) I love them both dearly.
I really could go on, but I know I've gotten a bit mushy!
But I am so grateful!

1 comment:

sarah said...

i like them, too!