Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Trip to the San Diego Zoo

San Diego!
We came, we saw, we conquered!
The animals were magnificent, the weather was superb, the food was good overall,a nd we even had live entertainment which Lucy and I liked to bounce our heads to, and Bowden consented to a dance. (Being twirled around is always appealing to a 3 year old.)
WE had a lot of fun. Sarah, Rosie, Bowden, baby Lucy, and I were all over that zoo. And up for more the next day. Lucy ruled the 1st night, we all rued it. Poor baby, with her light sleep and constant wheeze, her impassioned cry of misery. The miracle of it is that when I awaken the next morning at 7AM, she is all smiles and ready to go. Sarah is amazing, being the one taking care of baby all night, up for the day at 5, and so excited to go when we finally rouse ourselves. Even the trip to Target for some needed items was fun, thanks to her. And my impatience to get going was forgiven by my girls as we waited here and there. Bowden's excitement was contagious, in the midst of it all.
I have much to be grateful for. I feel, however,as I read my last post, that I got carried away with the "Fluctuations of life's light" and sometimes lost my spiritual moorings. Somewhat like little Bowden, who, in his excitement to see so many amazing sites in this wonderland, would wander off.
Maybe we can all thank God that He is always watching us. That even when life, whether in trials or in it's joys, blurs our focus, God's eye is clear, and His angels are there.
Not that I want to cop out and not do my part. But thank God our Daddy understands. And that He refocuses us, redirects us, and so often, just blesses us anyway!
In the midst of it all.

No comments: