Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Scarves

I have a plethora of scarves. I almost have one for every outfit/ color. It's ridiculous!
Why am I blogging about this? This seems like the mundane kind of dribble usually thrown on Facebook, right?
Because of my blog's title.
This morning I started singing worship songs out loud, full force. I realized there's nobody else here, I can do this! (I sound really good by myself to myself. I love that illusion)
But it began to lift my spirits. As I glanced at a picture of my grand kids, I began to see each beautiful face and thank Him for them. Which turned into thanks for my kids, and wonderful sons-in-law, and home, and work and weather, and somehow ended up on my scarves .I love them! I love the warmth, the style, the absolute beauty of many! One was even MADE for me- thank you, Rosie! Others brought to me, from Israel, from India-incredible, intricate designs.
To quote Princess Bride, "Let me explain, no, it'll take too long, let me sum up."

I realized that I have never bought a scarf for myself in my life!
Every one of these was a gift! That many people love me and care about me!
I am very grateful this morning! The wind is calling outside, inviting me to wear another scarf!
Yeah, God!

No comments: