Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Pine for a Tree




Why all the fuss about Christmas trees? Because of the Joy they bring to little children. ( and to big ones, too)
Because of the creativity and beauty they display.Because of the warm memories that they illicit.
And, if you're like me, because of the precious gifts from years past of my smiling 3, 4, 5 year olds in hand-made ornaments. But also, of the memories of special gifts of love, reminding me that so many more care and of so many more that I will always treasure and care about. Aunt Connie's hand knit Mr. and Mrs. Santa, the Peace Dove given to me by Carol Arsaga, in a gesture of love and support during a difficult time, the angels crafted by my dear high school buddy, Chris. And on and on.




And because it's one more venue in which I can show off my grandchildren!
Mine's not up yet. I miss it.

No comments: